Nicole’s Mobile Gaming Reviews #7 Kingdom Rush published by Armor Games
Welcome back to Nicole’s Mobile Gaming review #7 !
For today’s Game we have
Background about Kingdom Rush
Kingdom Rush(KR) is developed by Ironhide Game Studio, it was then published by Armor Games. KR was first launched as Flash player on 28th July 2011 and was further realsed on iPad on 19th December 2011. In its latest update it was released on iPhone on 28th June 2011. KR has won several awards such as Game of Year 2011 at Causual Gameplay, Pocket Game Gold Award, IGN Editor’s Choice 9.5/10 and so on … …
Introduction about KR
You rule your kingdom during the medevian time where you commander barbarians, the holy order and so on. Your Kingdom is under attack by the evil forces such as trolls, the undead and so on (dont want to spoil the fun ;p ) It is your duty to defend your kingdom against 45 different kinds of enemy hordes rushing against you.!
You have 4 different type of Towers to choose from :
- Archer : Strike enemy from a distance, shooting speed: Average
- Artillery : Bombards ground enemies dealing an Area of Effect Damage
- Mages : Cast armor piercing bolts at enemies which ignores any physical protections
- Milita : Trains militia, tough soldiers that blocks and damage enemies
After level 3 upgrade, you will then you can choose to specialize your tower :
- Archer: Rangers / Musketeer
- Artillery : Big Bertha / Tesla x104
- Mage : Arcane/ Sorcerer
- Militia: Holy Order / Barbarian Hall
Here are some sneak preview !
Apart from the fancy towers, you will have 2 different spells that will come in great assist:
There are 3 different environment that you will fight on they are Forest, mountain and wasteland. Different environment also mean different types of enemy you will face ! (Refer to below for some references )
- Campaign: 20 lives. Eliminate all enemies ! Depending on the number of lives left it will determine the number of star that you will receive.
- Heroic Challenge : Places your tactical skills against a horde of elites enemies. The rules are 6 elites wave, total of 1 Life and a set limit of tower upgrades !
- Iron Challenge : A test for the ultimate defenders, the iron challenge will take 1 step further and challenge your tactical skills to the limit. The rules for this challenge is 1 super elite wave, total of 1 Life, a number of set limit of tower upgrade and on top of that only some types of towers will be allowed .
After achieving some stars from campaigns and challenges you can use your stars to upgrade your towers or ability. Choose wisely because this will come as a big aid to you. Don’t be afraid to play with the upgrade you can always reset them (I feel that this feature is a +++ point for this game -personal opinion)
KR is a very fun game personally I have almost completed the game now I am at 72/75 stars This game is not game that can be easily completed there is certain challenges at differents map ! There is a free online flash version to try out the game : http://kingdomrush.com/play.php .
There is a sneak peak of me playing Kingdom on Kazu’s computer at : http://www.twitch.tv/tegaming/b/325311781
So whats my view about this game ?
It’s a game that I love and I think you should go try it ! I rate it 5 stars ! There is even a comic at the end of the comic !!!! I will insert some of my attempts and how I achieve 3 stars for some campaign or even clear some challenges below
- Nicole’s Mobile Gaming Reviews #4 Bearalot by Mooffgames
- Nicole’s Mobile Gaming Reviews #1 – Nuts! by Limbric Software
- Nicole’s Mobile Gaming Reviews #2 Witch Wars by Com2uS Inc.
- Nicole’s Mobile Gaming Reviews #6 Order Up!! To Go by Chillingo Ltd
- Nicole’s Mobile Gaming Reviews #3 Monsters Ate My Condo by [adult swim]