Dragon Nest SEA: Level 50 Guardian Skill Build for PVE/PVP [T4]
First and foremost, I hope you guys like the thumbnail
That’s the ending/last moments of justice crash, awesome skill (I really love it if you don’t already know :P)
So after many people have been seeing my Guardian get like 2350+ ratings in Ladder in like 80+ wins (85% win rate), they are all asking for my guardian skill build as well as equipment.
So here’s just a general view of my stats.
“LeTanks” is a Guardian TEGaming guild geared up solely for tanking for Sea Dragon Nest, and probably for future Green Dragon Nest as well.
So if you’re looking for a badass solo-dungeon Guardian with awesome stats, you need look elsewhere XD
Basically Sea Dragon Nest, Using Full HP set on Apocalypse gears with Manticore Flail. (Yes HP suffix is nerf-ed crafted this before T4 patch).
For PVP Ladder its just switching out the manticore flail and shield for Sea Dragon Nest Mace and Shield.
Anyway let’s get to the skill build.
I’ll provide the following:
- Generic PVE Skill Build (With all the skills I believe must be added for a Tanking Role Guardian)
- Generic PVP Skill Build (With all the skills I believe must be added for a effective PVP Guardian)
- My PVP Skill Build for Ladder If I get to reset my skill points.
Generic PVE Tanking Skill Build
Will provide reasons behind why some skills are leveled up to their respective “high” levels.
Cleric Tree (Highlights)
- Heal Level8 Maxed for 50 cap, additional heal for party is awesome aside from priests. With my current HP I can heal around 11-15k which is definitely significant
- Block Level 6 - You can stop at 4, but I got it to 6 to make up for the 45 SP you need to learn your ultimate.
No need to get sliding knee kick, dive kick, stomping kick as they are PVP inclined skills. The new revamped T4 requires Sliding Knee Kick to be level 6 for it to have that additional kick so it’s not worth while to add points to them at all.
The rest of the passives are pretty standard for max-ing. toughness, hp mastery, aerial evasion, sliding step etc.
Paladin Tree (Highlights)
- Electric Smite Level 7 (Mainly for your only DPS skill for you to have some fun while tanking XD)
- Armor Break Level 6 (for the debuff, useful for all party members with physical attacks)
- AutoBlock Level 6 (Pre-requisite for AutoBlock EX)
- Elemental Aura Level 3 (Get skill ring for Level 4, must have for SDN as well as good buff for fellow Elestra/Saleana)
- Conviction Aura Level 2 (Got this to Level 2 for PVE dungeons solo or PVP Ladder if you still want to do any)
- Iron Will Level 4 (Damage reduction increases per level, definitely must have for tanking)
- Provoke Level 4 (if you can get the skill ring then you can forgo putting the duration skill plate for it, that’s what I did)
Electric Smite does really good damage at level 7 even with my crappy gears (you saw the stats above earlier), and I can still hit 30-50k critical hits on the last damage.
Provoke is maxed, be sure to use it with a skill ring or 20% Debuff Duration increase plate so that you have an extra 2 seconds before the provoke debuff runs out. This is extremely useful because sometimes Sea Dragon itself have some skills with invincibility frame (iframe) and your provoke debuff might wear off during that. Extra seconds give you less panic time for yourself and your party mates.
Elemental Aura equals more love from your Elemental Lord counter-parts, they really do benefit a lot from this buff. The main purpose though is the ice/fire defense % you will be receiving, though this is nerf-ed in T4, it is still a must have.
You still have 18 SP left so you can decide how you want to tweak your own guardian to suit your own playstyle.
For myself, if I’ll add points to stance of faith to level 3 for 15 seconds (So it lasts through the whole of purple bomb phase in SDN)
Rest of the points you can either max out your autoblock, or go for points in lightning zap depending on your play style.
Generic PVP Skill build
Similarly, I’ll provide the reasons behind the points added for the respective trees.
Cleric Tree (Highlights)
- Heal Maxed (Definitely very useful for PVP)
- Block Level 4 (At least get Level 4 for 5 blocks which is essential if you want to use guardian force)
- Holy Bolt Level 6 (For larger explosion AOE and paralyze duration)
- Sliding Knee Kick Level 6 (For additional Kick, no longer level 3)
- Dive Kick (To dive into opponents to go into stomping kick for continuation of combos)
- Stomping Kick (to re-lift your opponents who are on the floor, combo continuation again)
Whether you’re able to utilize sliding knee kick, dive kick and stomping kick is really up to personal skills
These 3 skills are honestly more useful in Compensation ON PVP, so if you’re a Ladder PVP Player, might want to put your points somewhere else.
Chances of you using sliding knee kick additional kick on a Elestra with Ice shield ON simply isn’t going to happen XD
Regarding block, refer to the PVP Build I’ll go for which will be right after this
Paladin Tree (Highlights)
Pretty similar to the PVE one above except for a few things:
- Autoblock Maxed
- Divine Ascension and Vengence is learnt for counter
Elemental Aura is maxed for fights against Elemental Lords (Either Elestra or Saleana), Conviction Aura is for you to do increased damage against classes not affected by Elemental Aura.
You have around 7 SPs left for you to add depending on your playstyle or what form of PVP you want to play (Ladder, Group, Compensation ON).
You can learn provoke and decrease the stun and critical chance of your opponent but personally I will not learn it if I’m pure PVP. This might be useful in Group PVP against teams with acrobats/archers because of the critical buff skills that they have. (Proven and tested in Compensation ON and tournaments that that buffs really increase overall critical chance on skills)
You can also add lightning zap, but I think this one is more for ladder PVP for it to deal significant damage other than it’s lighting paralytic debuff being pure annoyance in cancelling opponent skills.
Or you can focus on some skills in the cleric side of the tree like block which I did below.
Here’s my own PVP Build for my Guardian if I had the chance to skill reset it.
I’m not a fan of Stance of Faith because of it being a skill that requires me to be not moving so I left it at 1.
However, with Stance of Faith EX slated to be our new guardian EX skills, I think we might need it to be level 6 in the future for 60 cap, so the extra points might just be required to be saved for this.
Being able to move with stance of faith is definitely a huge huge bonus for guardians in the future.
This skill build is made for Ladder PVP which is what I’ve been doing for awhile.
I have block at level 9 because I believe the classes I’ve will face more difficulty in fighting will be Bowmasters (sniper/artillery), Elestras/Saleana (due to shields), Majesty/Smasher.
I currently only have Level 4 on LeTanks, and 5 block counters is really too low to defend myself against Tracking Arrows from BMs.
Against Elestra/Saleana/Majesty/Smasher, the problem is with Poison Spray which all of them probably have it diligently at Level 6 for 3 sprays.
Being caught in Poison Spray reduced your block counters extremely fast, and the new T4 Poison Spray really makes it hard for one to get out once you’re caught.
If you’re a more offensive Guardian, you might want to go for Lightning Zap level 6 instead for it to deal significant damage.
That’s all for the Guardian Skill Build Guide.
If you still haven’t watched our video on the usage of Justice Crash for Guardians, do check it out below
I hope it is useful as always ^_^
Show your support for TEGaming by…
Subscribing to our awesome YouTube Channel (Click here)
You will need a gmail account to create a YouTube account, so please take 1-2minutes to do so if you don’t have a gmail account.
Going to our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/kazudragonhaven and give us a thumbs up!
Follow us on Twitter to be informed of the latest updates here: https://twitter.com/tegaming